Today we will discuss one of the SEO tools, Google Search Console (previously known as Google Webmaster).
A free Google tool helps you monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain your website appearance on the search engine result page.
Google Search Console tool used to find and fix technical errors, use to submit a sitemap (a list of WebPages of a website), see backlinks (any incoming link to your site), and more.
- It helps you to monitor that Google can find and crawl your site or not.
- It allows you to fix indexing problems, and for new content, it enables you to request re-indexing.
- With its help, you can monitor your website traffic that how much traffic you are getting for your website.
- If any error occurs in your site, with the search console’s help, you can quickly get it to know on which page error is occurring, and so on.
If you have a website or you are working on a website, a search console can help.
- Business owner: As a business owner, you should be familiar with the Google search console, and you should know all the features available in the tool.
- SEO specialists or marketers: As a marketer, this is your best tool that will help you to know about your website traffic, optimizing your website keywords ranking.
- Site administrator: As an admin of a site, you care about its operation for which this tool is required.
- Web Developer: If you are creating the schema markup or code of your site, this tool will help you know that the code you are making is correct or an error.
Sign in to Google Search Console
The given page gets open and then clicks on the “Start Now” button showing at the top right end of the page.
After clicking, Google “Sign In” page will get open. You should log in with the account on which you want to set up your google search console. (It is good to be login with a store whose name is the same as the website name)
Then you will see the below page.
Here you see a welcome message with two options. The first one is showing “Domain,” and the second one is showing “URL prefix.”
If you want to add your entire domain. Click the first one, and then enter your domain or subdomain without HTTPS. Then hit “Continue.”
And if you don’t want to add your entire domain, then click on the second option.
Note: For the same domain, you can add both Domain and URL prefix properties.
As in the welcome message, you have shown two options: “Domain” and “URL Prefix.”
Verification for a “Domain” property
Click one of the instructions showing in the dropdown. In the dropdown, you will see the domain providers. If your domain is registered with any of the listed providers, click on that.
Then hit “Start Verification.”
After that, for ownership verification, you need to “Sign In” to your Registrar account.
Then you will see the message.
The other case: If your registrar name is not showing on the dropdown option, then select “Any DNS Provider.”
Then, with your domain provider, Sign In to your account and then select the domain.
Then click on an option to “manage DNS settings,” as shown in the given picture.
Then, choose the option to add a TXT record, then from the google search console, paste it in the record, then save it.
Go back to Google Search Console and then hit “Verify.”
Note: If the verification fails, keep trying. It can take a few minutes to go through.
Verification for a URL prefix property
Here you will see various options, as you see above in the image. “Upload an HTML file to your website” is a default option of Google.
By using the above verification steps, you are now able to access your website google search console.
Now the working of “Google Search Console” in-depth, we will discuss on the next blog.
Also Read: What Is Page Authority In The Term Of SEO?