SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plays a vital role for every website to rank on Google’s SERP. And Link Building is the technique of SEO that helps increase the search engine ranking of your website. Links are one of the primary approaches that search engine algorithms decide the importance of a page. Good links to a website show that the content is it is valuable. Internal and external and linking both give more visibility for a website. Also, linking helps Google or any other search engine crawl the site.
The factors that determine how valuable a specific link is to the ranking include:
- Global popularity: Popular sites get more external links. Also, Wikipedia ends up at the top of search engine result pages for many subjects because many websites link to it.
- Local Popularity: Local popularity means inbound links that come from similar sites. For example, if you have a cloth store and a popular cloth blog links to it. In that case, the search engines will pay more and more attention to your website than if the link came from an unknown website.
- Anchor text: When someone links to the shoe store using “shoe store” as the anchor text, this gives a signal to the search engines that your website is a practical resource for shoes. But if the anchor text that takes visitors to a page uses the exact keywords too frequently. In that case, search engines can start to suspect spammy tactics.
- Link context: Links are valuable when the context is straightly related to the topic of your website. The change from the current page to the one being linked has to be comparatively seamless.
- Where the link comes from: Links from authorized websites carry more weight than links from not reputable sites. For example, a connection that comes from Google’s official blog will be more classic than one that comes from any personal blog on WordPress. Search engines have methods to sort through irrelevant and spam content. Google has a ranking system that ranks individual Web pages based on their reputability.
There are mainly two ways to develop links to the website: internal and external. External links are harder to get because they come from other websites. Start with the internal linking is easy because it is entirely up to you. All it takes is careful planning and little time to boost SEO and internal links for the business.
Deep linking refers to the method of linking to pages other than just your homepage or contact page. Every page on the website needs to be reachable from at least one text link (1). Increase the internal links by linking to relevant blog posts and product pages rather than directing visitors to your homepage.
Maintaining a blog helps increase the internal links by giving more opportunities for you to link back to the specific products or other internal pages. Don’t forget to link from the social media platforms as well.
To gain external links, the best thing you can do is to create excellent site content. Also, you can reach out to any influencers and bloggers to ask if you can guest blog on their sites. As a suggestion, never try black hat SEO tricks, like paying for the links. These backfire because these links come from spammy websites.
So if you are looking for SEO services, connect Knit Infotech team of professionals who offer you the best services. We have years of experience in this field to provide the most satisfactory result to our clients. We have many satisfied clients. Mail us @ firstname.lastname@example.org to directly connect with our team of professionals.